~ I have written before that I like Coco? She was unbearable, I know … difficult persona, to work with demanded iron nerves, but … she is Coco, and perhaps this mannerisms and arrogance was one of her secret to success. To retailoring the whole collection in the middle of night?! Insanity or passion?
I don’t know why she starting to made her own accessories. Perhaps it was was nothing enough good for perfect. But if you mention that in that times was – industrial revolution or not – there was no range of jewerly stores or bijouterie full of beads and stones and and trinketry. Or there was nowhere the right ones for Coco’s taste.
Today everybody tinkering something … and is good in DIY that is highly personalized. I that way any handmade thing signed the Coco’s “be different” and “irreplaceable” principles.
If I could ask Coco about my crocheted earring, she – according to her custom – simplified them … with a scrissors maybe. (I don’t know if tit is a good idea to invite her for a cup of tea. :-))
This pair of earring gave birth in the spirit of practicality, and if Coco would complain that it is too complicated, or she wanted to shorten them, I stopped her and I convinced her that isn’t need to do. Why? Because it is enough to knotted a little to get the shorter version of this earrings.
No need to add other than:
- A little black, a little white thread and the inevitable beads ( I used just 8-8 renaissance-style glass bead) + one pair of earring hook + crochet hooks.
- At the first step I crochet a long cord. So long and so thick which can be threaded easily to the selected beads hole.
- We need to cords, but you can try an experiment with two different string. (If you have an asymmetrical haircut, it could be funny to have different-sized earrings.)
- I sewed the leave-like forms from cords
- One leaf, one bead, one leaf, one bead
I agree with Coco that this earring fit with a very simple dress.
P.S.: The bird’s nests fits for trees not for heads.